Wednesday 6 April 2016

Raw (April 6, 2016)

Once more
The taps have
Been turned on
After several years
Of being left
In the "off" position.

As the memories
Swirl around
In my mind.

Previously
The overage
Has been spilling
Over the dam's edge
I had erected
Mentally.

Threatening
To collapse
From external pressure.

As it did
On August 14, 2007
In suffering 
A 26 hour
Panic attack.

After riding
The subway
In the morning
Rush hour.

Feeling a surge
Of those toxic memories
From my childhood
Once more.

Slipping
Through barriers
Built since then.

As I try
To find relief
In opening
The sluice gate
Under healing guidance.

Knowing
This pent-up
And unprocessed anger
Needs release.

For real healing
Of body and soul
To occur.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Today (April 6, 2016), I had my first counselling session, with my new therapist. Honestly, I have shared memories, with him, in that I haven't told anyone else, about, since they have happened to me. Specifically, going into the details, how I felt, at the time. The next session is, for April 20th, then the first Wednesday, in May.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...