Saturday 23 April 2016

The Moral Question (April 23.2016)

Before me
An ethical question
Has arisen
Its ugly head
That needs
To be answered.

As a vegetarian
Who's diet is
Almost vegan.

How do I
Justify the use
Of animal products
In the medicine
I take?

Whether
It's over the counter
Or prescribed.

What right
Do I have
To take
Another being's life
For my own?

I ask this
For many products
Are produced
With animal proteins
Without realizing it.

For there
Will come
A time.

I'll have
No choice.

In keeping
My moral principles
And standards.

Either
Take the medication
Or die.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: This poem was sparked, by my researching Insulin, on Thursday  (April 21, 2016), before my April 22nd doctor appointment. I asked my doctor, stating my dietary and moral position, on using animal product produce medication. He told me, almost all current forms of Insulin, are synthetically produced.

The following link, explains, how gelatin is produced: http://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/what-is-gelatin-made-of/

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...