Thursday 21 April 2016

Latest Bitter Pill (April 21, 2016)

How do I
Explain this
So you understand.

The depth
I have
With my fear
Of needles.

Instead of
Dismissing it
Out of hand.

As if
Treating me
Like a small child
Who doesn't know
Better.

Well aware
Of the dangers
That await me
As this disease
Progresses.

Having lost
Two uncles
And a grandfather.

Ignoring my diabetes
Is to commit
The most aggressive form
Of passive suicide.

On several fronts
By me.

Condemning myself
Forever
To this hated
Male bodyshell.
Rather be
Strange fruit
Upon a tree
Than that.

For no surgeon
Will touch
Anyone
With uncontrollable
Diabetes.

Once more
Am strange fruit
Ready
To be picked.

In reality
There's no real choice
Between the insulin needle
And death.

Just hope
I can do it
As prescribed.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: On Tuesday, during the appointment, with my diabetic nurse, I found out, my latest A1C results. Upon hearing them, I know, during my Friday appointment, with my doctor, he'll be starting me, on insulin. Whether or not, I like it.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...