Thursday 14 April 2016

My Route Of Escape (April 14, 2016)

Ottawa
The national capital
And my reprieve
However temporary
It may be
From him.

Short of Windsor
Or a northern Ontario
Community location
Being the furtherest university
From here.

Sadly
Putting distance
Between a trauma site
And you
Doesn't mean peace.

A fact
I discovered
In the fall of 1990
As I battled
Severe depression.

During the rainiest
October and November
I have lived
Through.

More than once
I thought
Of jumping
Into a drained lock
Of Rideau Canal.

That forms
One of Carleton University's
Boundaries.

Only
To be dismissed
As homesickness
On my part.

By the university's
Counselling staff
In my first year
There.

Once more
Do I fall
Through
The system's cracks.

Therisa © 2016

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...