Friday 15 April 2016

No Write Way, For Poetry (April 15, 2016)

Thank you
For your suggestions
On improving
My writing style.

Am sure
You meant well
With your comment.

But
No thanks.

It is
This preaching 
Of poetic orthodoxy
That chased me
Away from poetry
As a student.

So many years
Ago.

It may surprise you
But
I don't write
For your reading
Enjoyment.

Rather
A daily exercise
In my battle
With chronic depression
Various anxiety disorders
And PTSD.

As
An intuitive writer
Where the words lay
Has to feel
Just right.

To do so
Otherwise
Is to commit suicide.

Something
I've been fighting
All my life
Against.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: On another site, I had someone suggest, something similar, to improve my readers' appeal (what they thought a free verse poem, should be written as. Never realizing, by doing so, you're destroying, the very essences that makes my poems, unique.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...