Monday 18 April 2016

Finally (April 17, 2016)

At last
I saw
My first official sign
Winter is
Over.

A wee ladybug
Graces us
With its appearance
On my apartment building's
Back steps.

Never mind
The past two days
Have seen
Double digit highs
With high UV readings.

Walking clothe piles
Are evaporating
Like last week's snow
In this warm weather.

As people emerge
Prostrating
Before the returning God
After six months
Of mourning.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Starting, on April 16 and continuing on, to today, Toronto has seen daily highs, climbing from 14 C, to yesterday's 19 C, and today's high, of 24 C. Looks like, once more, Spring has been skipped, as we head, directly, into Summer, here. Oh joy.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...