Monday 18 April 2016

Life, At Therisa's (April 18, 2016)

Just great
My talented muse
Has left me
A "Dear Writer" letter
Upon my pillows.

Telling me
She has ran away
With the Sprite
Next door
For parts unknown.

And I
Shouldn't be looking
For her return
Any time
Soon.

As if
My all seeing
Crystal ball
Is working.

Never mind
One of the cats
Got curious
And knocked it
From it perch
In my bedroom closet.

Guess
It got spooked
By seeing
Its reflection
In the ball.

Lucky me
It wasn't
A mirror.

Otherwise
Another seven years
Of bad luck
On top of
My already
Negative karma index.

Last time
We talked
Muse was pissed
About the Sprite
Being "an airhead".

Wanting nothing
To do
With her.

Guess
The Sprite dances
An amazing
Mattress mambo.

Sigh.

Still
My writer's block
Remains.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: An attempt to break my current writer's block, since last night. And yeah, I know, with an average of 2 poems/day, for April, I should jumping for joy. Call me, greedy. Now, where did I misplace my answering Golem? Should be, somewhere, in this organized Chaos, I call my apartment.

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I LOVE this poem. So playful and really made me smile.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...