Tuesday 19 April 2016

Oops. Did My Hair Hiss? (April 19, 2016)

Please
Pardon me.

But
My hair is
A royal mess.

My long mane
Flowing off
In all direction
Like Medusa's.

Each strand
Having
Its own mind.

Caring not
What I want.

Regardless
Of its length
Or the lack of.

Unlike
Medusa's locks
You'll won't turn
Into stone
By me.

But
A stylist or two
Has been known
To been cut
By my tresses.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: In the cold midday wind, my hair was flowing, all over the place, as I walked to the subway station, from a nearby library branch, for an appointment, with my new diabetic nurse and nutritionist.

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This resonates. I have been plagued by my hair my entire life. It does its own thing.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...