Wednesday 5 December 2018

Just A Girl (November 16, 2010) Revised (December 5, 2018)

My eyes caught
Image fantastico
Never thought possible
Within my lifetime.


Woman staring
In bathroom mirror.


First thought
Doubt and disbelief
Aforementioned image. .


Either half asleep
Or low lighting trick
In the bathroom.


Only
Reappeared
Again.


Could this be true
He’s gone
For good?


Wildest dream
Come true.


Next
Mom’ accepting me
As her daughter.


Therisa © 2010 and 2018

Author’s note: First time, I saw myself, as a woman in the bathroom mirror. Will admit that I was freaking out at the time. A huge milestone, for my transitioning.

3 comments:

Lona Gynt said...

Lovely, those “next steps” are tough, but that step of being able to see your true self is wonderful. Ahh mirrors...
I love this poem Therisa! I feel a lightness at the center in this, even though the last line is tender. I have been given much to reflect on (pun intended) as I read back on your beautiful comments on my mirror poem, Changeling. Thank you

Lona Gynt said...

I love this Therisa! The recognition at the center may give us some lightness at our center to help us with living forward in those next steps (tender!). Much to reflect (pun intended), here. I am reliving your kind and warm comments on my mirror poem, “changeling”
Thanks for the light!
๐Ÿ’œ it

Lona Gynt said...

Oops , thought my first comment disappeared, so posted again, with a redundant comment, now a third comment to apologize, now I look like a comment diva, oh well๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿป‍♀️๐Ÿ˜‰

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...