Saturday 29 December 2018

Living With Darkness (December 20, 2018)

Chaotic thoughts riot
Across soulscape
Smoke and ash
Fill cerebral skies.


Raging without mercy
No quarters given
Nor asked.


Only answer
Outright victory
Regardless of cost.


Total war.


Knowing
There's no winners
Only degrees of losers.


Forced to rebuild
On tainted land
Memories of dark past.


Death seemed
Perfect solution
For soul’s peace
So long ago.


Ending this destructive loop
My life has become.


Breaking these walls
That imprison me
In despair.


Therisa © 2018


Author's note: This holiday season, will mark 8 years, since my last suicide attempt. Although, my suicidal thoughts, are never silent. For the most part, they are background noise that I'm able to ignore. Still I have to be careful with, where I'm at physically. So that I don't accidental hurt myself.


Before you ask, my prolonged bout of depression continues. So hard to remember the last time that I wasn't depressed, to some degree. Equilibrium seems so far away, like a fantasy story told to children.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...