Monday 3 December 2018

Am I, Dreaming? (December 29, 2011) (Revised December 3, 2018)

Please
Someone pinch me.

Am having trouble
In believing
My feminine voice
Is totally passable.

As I answer
My smartphone
To an incoming call

From my nurse.

Hearing her
Double-taking
On the other side
Of the phone.

Hesitantly
Am asked
Is Therisa speaking?

Huge smile
Spreads across my face
Hearing her
Ask this question.

Countless hours
Over past  4 years
Paying big dividends.

Patiently sitting
In an empty apartment
Singing along
With my favourite
Female singers.

Thank you
Delores Debbie Siouxsie
Johnette Gwen Sharon
And the other ladies
For your assistance.

In achieving
This lifelong goal.

Therisa © 2011 and 2018

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...