Monday 10 December 2018

Randomness (December 8, 2018)

Random letters form
Not sure
Where they'll lead
Or take me.


Except
Calling my soul
Pulling tugging forwards.


Journey of self-discovery
And exploration
What it means
To be me.


Regardless
Feeling towards myself
Or others.


Confronting monsters
Who hide behind
Sweetest of lies
Entrapping innocence.


Speaking words
Best ignored.


Others watch
Interested glee
Craving failure.


Bastards.


Surrender
Signing death warrant.


Something
Not prepared to do
Just yet.


Maybe tomorrow
Or day after.


Not today.


Therisa © 2018

Author's note: A 22 minute conscious (or unconscious) writing exercise, as I waited for the frozen vegetarian lasagna to cook.

11 comments:

Glenn Buttkus said...

Stream of consciousness poetics can lead us into surprising destinations. Depression is not our friend, and we all need safeguards to combat it. Sadly teen suicides are up.

Jane Dougherty said...

I love this bit:
Others watch
Interested glee
Craving failure.


Bastards.

So true! They are everywhere.

Grace said...

Good to let those words wander and seek out their own journey. I like the writing process and who knows, where the self discovery will end up. Hopefully not in a dark place, not ever.

indybev said...

For some reason the words of the old song "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative, and dont' mess with mister in between" came to mind. Perhaps redirect the stream?

robkistner said...

There are lines in there that can cut - jaggedly nice...

ms_lili said...

I'm glad "not today".

Kim M. Russell said...

It’s interesting to follow those random letters and words – sometimes they can be bastards and other times the bastards are other people. But follow them we must – otherwise we’ll never know.

Frank Hubeny said...

I liked your description of monsters hiding behind lies awaiting innocence.

Unknown said...

Very relatable! Poetry for me has always been about self discovery, seeing what I might uncover. It often feels like I’m cracking open my ribcage. Sometimes that’s wonderful, sometimes not. Lovely poem.

Unknown said...

Forgot to leave my name, sorry.
Angela
Heartbreathings2017blog.wordpress.com

purplepeninportland.com said...

Random words and thoughts can lead anywhere. In this case, a true depth of feeling.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...