Saturday 7 May 2016

Reconnecting The Disconnect (May 6, 2016)

In my mind's eye
I see it
In perfect detail
How I want it
To look.

And yet
My inexperienced hands
Are struggling
To embrace
This form.

Facing
Mounting frustration
And stress
I back away.

Taking time
To remember
I need to breathe
And relax.

Letting the tension
Roll off
My shoulders
Like water
Off a duck's body.

For nothing
Is worth this
When I can
Just walk away.

Returning
At another time
When my mind is
Properly focused.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: I wrote this poem, as a grounding exercise, during my art program, yesterday (May 6, 2016), as I was struggling to find the right shape, for the first of two masks that I was working on. Forcing myself, to focus on something, as the stress, slowly left my body.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...