Tuesday 17 May 2016

A Day To Mark Ignorance, Of Others (May 17, 2016)

Know
I am
A Technicolour dreamer
For believing.

One day
Homophobia transphobia
And biphobia
Will end.

Having
On more than
One occasion
Been on
The receiving end
Of ignorance filled hate.

But
I have to.

Otherwise
My bitter tears
Of sorrow
Will never end.

As I reflect
Upon my memories
Of brutality
That I've survived.

Unlike those
Who's names
Are called out
On Day of Trans-Remembrance.

Hoping
They have found
What was denied
To them
In their lifetime.

Rest
My brothers
And sisters.

For your suffering
Will never be
Forgotten.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Written for International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia. In hoping, each year, is the last year, we have to mark this,

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...