Friday 20 May 2016

Facing A Truth (May 20, 2016)

Don't fully understand
Why I'm crying
Right now
In a public place.

As
A slow stream
Of tears
Stain my face.

And please
The next moron
Who says:

"It's because
Of the hormones
I'm taking."

Gets
A good swift kick
To their family jewels.

As if
Having estrogen flowing
In my body
Will radically change
My emotions.

Honey
Have a newsflash
For you.
Prior
To starting estrogen
My soulscape was
An emotional wasteland
Of repressed emotions.

Threatening
To fully consume
My body and soul
In a toxic maelstrom
Of negativity.

Just hold
The shiny little
Estrogen pill
In my hand.

Was enough
To give myself
Permission
To be
My true self.

Emotionally
And physically.

Something
You'll never understand
No matter.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Early on, during my transitioning, I have been asked, several times, how I felt emotional, since starting estrogen, to which, I told them, the true. Emotionally, I'm repressing my emotions, less than I was, as a male. Otherwise, I haven't noticed any difference, except my bouts of depression, don't seem, as deep as, before starting estrogen, more prolong, in duration.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...