Monday 9 May 2016

Friend Or Foe? (May 9, 2016)

Often wonder
How doe we know
If the person posting
On the web
Is real
Or a troll?

As stories
Fill the airwaves
Of predators
Who have lured
Too many innocent victims
To their deaths.

Or
Scammed people
Out of their life savings
With fake illnesses
And promises.

A question
I ask.

Knowing
How vulnerable
Some communities are
Like my own
The transgender.

Exposing ourselves
To these monsters
And their evil intent.

In the hope
Of friendship
And validation.

Of whom
We are
As a person.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: Another night, of broken sleep, found me, wide awake, during the wee hours of this morning. After a futile attempt to get back to sleep, I got out my writing book, and started to write. This is, the second of two poems, which I managed to produce, in an hour's time, before I crashed out, for the rest of the night.

Finding myself, needing to ask, this very important question. Given the huge number of people, who have fallen prey, to these monster. But, as a trans-person, I have a fear, I may fall, for such, a monster, myself. Especially, given my abusive past, and my lack of self-confidence and self-esteem.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...