Friday 26 April 2019

Fuzzy Friday Thoughts (April 25, 2019)

It’s a dark drury
Friday morning
In Toronto.


Banks of gray clouds
Fill the sky
With supersaturated
Icy cold rain droplets
Ready to fall.


Find myself
Wanting to hide
In my warm dry bed
Sleeping away
This miserable day.


Little ones
Snuggling close
Beside me.


Only leaving
The comfortable bed
For bodily needs
Like food and water.


Leaving the world
In its mad rush to Hell
Alone.


One day
Spent away
From the Rat Race
Won’t hurt anyone.


Where absurd fantasies
Like Donald Trump
Caring for the welfare of
Latin American immigrants
On the U.S./Mexico border.


Or actually cooperating
With Congress
In finally settling
The Mueller’s investigation
Into the 2016 Presidential election.


Are filling my dreams
Of a kinder gentler
U.S. President
We all want.


Hmm
Am I delusional
For wanting this?


Knowing
Reality is
So much more brutal
To one’s senses.


Whatever
Wake me up
When the game starts.


As the latest saviour
Comes to town
In Vladimir Guerrero Jr
For my beloved
Toronto Blue Jays.


Am told
He takes walks
As well.

Therisa © 2019

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...