Saturday 6 April 2019

3093: Why The Poetic Ink Flows (April 1, 2019)



From my words
Does darkness bleed
Before you.

Of sorrows
Humanity has casted
Against itself.

Where being yourself
Is a dangerous thing
Signing a contract hit
Upon oneself.

Where ignorance fueled hate
Has long reign supreme
In treating minorities.

Regardless
Visible or not.

Being transgender
Can feel the rope
Tighten against my neck
Digging in.

Strange fruit hanging
From the roadside
On nearby trees
Gently swaying
In the nighttime breeze.

To many people
Just another lynching
One f--king less tranny
Who cares.

I do.

As tears flow
Remembering those times
The bullying/abuse
Forced to endure
Over the years.

Hoping beyond hope
All future generations
Can be spared
This wasted negative energy
I've lived through.

Writing this
A little corner
Of my brighted soul
Is exposed and unlocked
To the healing
So badly needed.

Therisa © 2019

Author's note: On March 31, 2019, the 11th International Transgender Day of Visibility was
observed. My poetry is, one way that I share with others, the pain and suffering,
transgender people have endured and are overcoming. Especially, given my
experiences are, of the extreme end of the spectrum for bullying and abuse. Not all
transitions are gentle and peaceful, for those, involved.

Not sure, I'll be sharing, with a group, as right now, I'm feeling emotionally drained, so many
levels. Ironically, the sun is shining brightly, outside my apartment window. Go figure.

1 comment:

annell4 said...

So hard to leave the experiences we have had. We can only say, "forgive them for they know not what they do." We are only just beginning to stand upright, still unsteady on the two legs. We are still a horrible race of folks. All over this world, the gentle and kind, are bullied...it's just not a pretty picture. When the human race finds something beautiful, something sacred, they want to "kill" it. Possibly they know, something ain't right....xoxoxohugs

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...