Monday 15 April 2019

Bad Bed Head Hair Day (April 15, 2019)

https://planetmoore.wordpress.com/2009/02/03/bad-hair-day

Argh!

There are mornings
Which I wish
I could shave my head
Like Sinead O’Connor did.

Honestly
I spent 10 minutes
Trying to curb
This tangled mess
That I call
My head of hair.

Pulling out
Large clumps of hair
With multiple knots
In my wide tooth comb.

You think
I’ve never use
A comb or brush
Ever before.

Regardless
Of its length
Or the lack of.

My hair has
One-track mind
When it comes
To obeying my wishes:

Never!!!

Think
It gleefully laughs
At my futile attempts
To restore order.

Worsening
The growing mess
I call hair.

Knowing
I should walk away.

As the scissors are
Just moments away
From slicing through
My Gordian knot.

Laying waste
To several years
Of growing this mess
Upon the bathroom floor.

As I fight back
The tears
At this mental image
In my mind’s eye.

Damn you
Hair!!

Therisa © 2019

Author’s note: A challenge that Annell Livingston sent me. To write a poem in 20 minutes, regardless, of grammar, spelling or how the words flow. This is my answer to the challenge. And yes, I am having a horribly bad bedhead hair day.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...