Saturday 6 April 2019

3089: Not Another Unicorn Poem (March 13, 2019)




Upon my soul
Does the tears
Of an unicorn fall.

Gently
They caress me
In their tenderness.

Of a stolen innocence
Before its time
And place.

I can 
No longer return
Ever again.

Penalty of death
To body and soul
Most painful manner.

For what
Was cruelty taken
From my childhood years.

A blessed gift
Holiest of holies
Child can receive.

Chance to dream
Land of hope
And opportunity.

Now
Charred remains
Of death and destruction.

Where the dying seek
Final absolution cleansing
For their souls.

Forever denied
Through selfish acts
By other children.

My fate sealed
Condemned to wander
Without shelter.

Unable to rest
'Til fInal judgment
Has been delivered.

Knowing
An eternity and beyond
Is awaiting me.

Therisa © 2019

Author's note: Written, during the early morning hours, as I struggled to fall asleep.

1 comment:

annell4 said...

Yes, Childhood, so like the garden of Eden, the beginning of our lives, and sometimes the "train is off the track", things are not what they should be, but it is up to us to learn to love and nurture ourselves, we can't always count on someone else to be around, to save us....xxoxoxoxo

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...