Wednesday 9 March 2016

A Side Trip Through Hell (March 6, 2016)

www.thewomenofchange.com

It's been 9 years
Since
I have quit
My last job
In utter frustration.

As
I found myself
Working in
An increasingly
Hostile environment.

With little
To no support
From management.

Know
I could have taken them
To the Labour Board
Or the Human Rights Commission
Over their actions.

But
Fuck'em
I needed out
Of there.

For the sake
Of my health
(Mentally
And physically).

Working
A minimum week
Of 50+ hours
Over 5 days.

On top of
A daily commute
Of a 3 hour
Round trip.

Never mind
My asking
To work
An 8 hour shift
Every fortnightl.

To attend
A support group
In Toronto.

Was like
Trying to remove teeth
From someone
Who has none.

As I tried
To transition
In this working Hell.

Looking back
Am better off
With less money
And stress.

As I take it
Slow
But constant steps
In my holistic healing.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: At the time, I was working for a small company located near, Pearson International Airport, in Mississauga, Ontario. When, I did quit, I tossed all of the inbound receipts, into the air, like Mary Tyler Moore did, with her hat, at the beginning, of her 1970s show. Not caring, where they landed.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...