Tuesday 29 March 2016

Respect (March 28, 2016)

You claim it
As a birthright
From me.

Without
A second thought
Of giving me
A similar right.

Oh please
Put away
That race card
And stop screaming
"Discrimination".

Was taught
At a young age
You earn it
Like interest
On your balance
In a bank account.

Frankly
My dear
I don't give
A damn.

For your selfish excuses
That endanger
Everyone.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: There is a certain group of people, in my apartment building, who refuse to use their fob, when they exit it. Despite, repeated times of being told, to do so. In the past, there have homeless people, who have slept, under the stairwell and have left their bodily remains, behind for others, to clean up. As someone, who's dealing with an abusive past, I don't feel comfortable, in letting everyone, have free accept to the building.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...