Wednesday 16 March 2016

A Pot Of Tea (March 14, 2016)

Of mixed emotions
Swirl around
Inside my head.

As
The subway pulls
Ever closer
To my final stop
At Dupont station.

Wondering
Will this therapist
And I
Hit it off
In the building
Of a strong relationship.

Or
React like
Oil and water.

As
One
Or both of us
Feel a bad vibe
Thus ending
Our beginning relationship.

Next stop
Dupont station
And the butterflies
Have grown
Into baby elephants.

Each step
Brings me
Closer
To the appointment.

Not sure
If it's poetic irony
Or not.

But
A light drizzle
Is falling.

As
I write this
Out.

Making use
Of the hour
Before the appointment
With a small pot
Of mint tea.

Savouring
Its aroma
And taste.

In calming down
My jagged nerves.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note:  On March 14th, I had my first session, with a new therapy, after having gone several years, without seeing anyone. Will admit, there was a connection, with him that I haven't felt with other therapists, who have left me, feeling defensive, as I clam up on them. My next appointment is April 6th. Do hope, this means, I can restart, once more, replacing my daemons, into their proper places.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...