Thursday 14 January 2016

Therisa Scriptor Pax (January 9, 2016)

www.cares2.com
Silence
The sound
I welcome.

And yet
Dread.

In wondering
If this lull is
Another trap
To ensnare me
In harm's way.

Or
The first moments
Of a lasting truce.

Unknown
To me
Until now.

Being able
To trek
Across my soulscape
Without stepping on
A landmine.

Or
Having a sniper
Taking verbal shots
With deadly accuracy
To my soul.

Degrading me.

As if
I have
No absolute value.

Laying to rest
These painful
And toxic memories
Of abuse
Into their graves.

Able
To sleep
A full night rest.

Without being awakened
By the slightest touch
Or sound.

More importantly
No more flashbacks
Or night terrors.


Therisa © 2016

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...