Monday 25 January 2016

Occupation Hazard Of Being Human (January 12, 2016)

www.en.yibada.com
In my mind
Numerous voices
Are sparring
For my attention.

And yet
I find myself
Drifting
Ever so slightly
Into "no man's land".

Retreating
From reality
Into my own protective space.

Where
No one can
Touch me.

Being around people
For most of the day
Drains my soul
Of its spark.

Like a battery
Left on
For too long
I crash.

Without
The necessary energy
For my eyes
To flash:
 
"Tilt".

As seen
In cartoons.

Needing
An hour or two
With my cats
Or rest.

To recharge
Once more.


Therisa © 2016




Author's note: Not sure, if I should feel blessed or cursed, in being, an introvert, who suffers from anxiety/panic attacks, in crowded situations, like rush hour traffic, on the public transit. The simple act of taking public transit, during rush hour, takes on new dimension, even after, I have taken CBT, at a local hospital, for my body and soul, are totally drained of energy, as I need to release the shock, and recharge. It's not unusual, for me, to let several streetcars, bus or subway trains, to go by, before I feel comfortable, in boarding one. Even with, a companion, along for the ride, with me.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...