Thursday 7 January 2016

To Be Loved (January 2, 2016)


A simple request
Is all
I wanted
From you.

And yet
It turned out
I asking
Too much
From you.

As if
I wanted you
To give me
The world and more
With my wish.

Never realizing
How hollow
Your words are
When spoken
To me.

How naïve
And stupid
I have been
To think
You would change
At all.

Knowing
To continue 
Receiving your love.

Would be
An act of suicide
On my part.

As my soul drowns
In silent tears
And frustration.

Wondering
Shall I
Ever find
This wish
Of mine?

Honestly
I don't know
The answer
To that question.


Therisa © 2016


Author Note: This poem is, how my mom has pushed me, away, since I came out to her, as a trans-lesbian. I had to break off contact with her, because she didn't want to be seen, in public, with me. Also, she fears me, as if, I'm a genetic monster, to her. Never mind, the anxiety attacks, I had to cope with, before and after each visit, with her.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...