Tuesday 21 May 2019

Tomb Raider (Poetic Style) (May 18, 2019)

Bravely
My mouse clicks
The poetry morgue
Like Lara Croft
Looking for hidden treasure.


Disturbing cyber-dust
From its worldwide web
Resting place.


Fully aware
Of the dangers
I face.


Traps - innocently written
Sanguining ink
On the page.


Awaiting
Careless missteps
To explode


Examining ancient poems
Written long ago.


By a stranger
I don’t recognize
Anymore.


Therisa © 2019


Author’s note: Lately, I’ve been reading more poems, from my poetic morgue, searching
for clues to inspiring my writing, as I have hit another writer’s block. Also, been posting
some of my older poems, over the past decade.

Personally, I think the Indiana Jones series of movies, is a lot better, as I never really got
interested in Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider movies or video games. For some reason,
4th Indie films is the lowest point of the franchise, in believability and storyline. It felt like
the gang got together, one last time, to draw a paycheque, from the box office receipts.  

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I know the feeling, reading old poems from long ago - to me, it sometimes feel like another lifetime, back then. I am often surprised that, in my poems, my subconscious often knew what my brain did not consciously understand. (I am a slow learner.) About writer's block, on Monday at Poets United, Elizabeth Crawford is chatting about how to write a poem when you're blocked. If you stop by, you might get some ideas. When I followed her instructions, I did write a poem!

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...