Thursday 16 May 2019

Poetic Blog (May 16, 2019)

Today is
One of the least liked day
That I’ve to endure
As a tenant
In my apartment.building.

Why
You ask?

It’s the annual testing
Of the building’s
Smoke detectors.
.
Wish
I could describe it
Properly
In the right words
For you.

Cascading anxiety attacks
Have left me
A visibly trembling
Physically drained shell
Of myself.

Worse part
Is the sporadic testing
Without any sense of timing
Throughout the building.

So hypersensitive
To any sudden noise
That I’m jumping
At the slightest sound.

Imagine
A cartoon cat
With its claws
Dug into the ceiling
And that’s me.

Even now
An hour later
My heart is
Still beating
At an accelerated pace.

Another 2 more hours
Before it’s safe
To reenter my unit
And crash out.

In my now silent
Bedroom
For awhile.

Therisa © 2019

2 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

They don't give any warning? That's terrible!

Therisa's World said...

Yes, Magaly, I did get an advance warning, last week. Just my stressed out body overreacting to today's events. Honest.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...