Thursday 9 May 2019

Grasshopper Literature (May 9, 2019)

There are days
My soul - a blank canvas
Awaiting an artist’s
Gentle strokes.

As I struggle
For semblance of order.

Others can understand
My mental chaos
Filing system.

Jumping
From one thought
To another.

With an intuitive ease
Often leaves people
Confused.

Never realized
‘Til pointed out.

Just imagine
My poor university profs
Decoding this.

Therisa © 2019

Author’s note: The last stanza, is a reference to my ability, to jumble the order of my thoughts, whether written, or speaking them. Yes, it’s part of my learning disability, which has costed me, valuable marks on exams, essays and tests. Often wonder, why this wasn’t pointed out to me, during my high school years, by my various teachers, As they knew, I was heading for university, with the courses that I had selected.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...