Saturday 4 May 2019

Giving Birth (May 4, 2019)

A vast void
Awaiting input
From a stalled press
Starved of fuel
Once more.

Like the universe
Before the “Big Bang”
The explosion
That created everything.

My thoughts are
A creative mixture
Of untold ideas
Awaiting delivery.

Bounding around
Inside my brain
Colliding with each other
As new expressions
And thoughts emerge.

And yet
Here I am.

Staring
At the computer screen
Forcing my fingers
To start typing
These elusive words
From my mind.

Knowing
Many will result
In a miscarriage.

Or worse
A stillborn.

As the tears
Roll down
My face.

One painful sigh
After another
Escapes my lips
With each occurrence.

At the death
Of an idea
Before its time.

As my soulscape
Slowly fills up
With mental markers
For each stillborn idea.

A time of mourning
Is required
Before moving on
With the next one.

In giving
The previous idea
Its proper respect due.

Renewing
My creative process
At the beginning
Once more.

Therisa © 2019

Author’s note: Not sure, if it’s the late start for spring, or real life, getting in the way, but I
have been struggling, with my writing, for most of 2019. It would be so easy to blame
others (like President Trump and the conservative horde that wants to rule the world,
with their hate filled ideology), instead of, looking deep inside of myself, for the root causes.

So, here I am. Seating before the computer screen, typing out my heart, for all to see.
Maybe, inspiration will find me, and guide me, to the next step that I need to take. In my
physical and mental healing. One can, only hope so.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...