Tuesday 14 May 2019

Poetic Blog (May 11, 2019)

Tonight
I committed
A cardinal sin:


I prejudge someone.


For once
I’m glad
That I was wrong.


As thoughts
Of this person
Being held
In police custody
Dominated me.


In reality
They were resting
Letting their damaged knee
Heal.


As per
Doctor’s orders.


In the past
They’ve let their temper
Guide their actions
During times
Of emotional distress.


Seeing them
Opening the door
When I knocked
Sent my heart
Fluttering with relief.


Later
I admitted
My guilty thoughts.


Apologizing
For not trusting them
As they hugged me
Forgiving my transgression.

Therisa © 2019

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...