Monday 27 May 2019

Poetic Blog (May 25, 2019)

It’s one of those days
Battling anxiety daemons
Wanting to run/hide
Inside my apartment.

Personal victory
Still sitting
At local library branch.

As my pulse
Reaches the point
Of an overrevved engine
About to redline.

Thankfully
Missing other signs
Of a full blown
Anxiety/panic attack.

No hyperventilation
Sweating trembling
Or feeling weak/tired.

Not sure
About trouble concentrating
Or thinking about anything
But my current issues.

At times
So hyperfocus
I lose contact
With reality.

As if
I’m living
In another world/universe.

Those attacks
Are my scarious ones.

Especially
In public places
Nowhere to hide.

Sighing.

Life sucks
At times.

Therisa © 2019

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I can feel the tension of that threatened anxiety attack. Bravo for writing your way through those feelings. Hope the rest of your days brings some ease, kiddo.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...