Wednesday 15 August 2018

Long Weekend (August 9, 2018)

Are these
From depressed soul
Self-pitying words
Appearing before you?

Need/want
For physical release
Gets stronger
Each waking hour
Waterfall of tears.

Growing presence
Soulful miasma
Slowly creeps forward
Soulscape edges.

Cautiously
Testing boundaries
Hint of weakness
Exploiting-gleeful eagerness.

Opening up
Like cancerous growth
Metastasizing soulscape.

Released Hellhounds
Nipping expose tendons
Toxic auditory flashbacks
Mental soundtrack.

Reliving memories
Best deleted
Without thought.

Hell on Earth.

World reduced
To my apartment
Invisible prison walls
Contain me.

Knowing
It's only starting
Before storm’s eye
Is reached.

Whether
Days or weeks away
Crisis climax
Darkest moment
Of depressive episode.

Literally
Life or death
Shall I fall
From grace.

Therisa © 2018

Author's note: Since the August Civic long weekend (August 5-7), I have felt myself, mentally declining. Leaving my apartment, when I am forced to. Am hoping this isn't the start of my latest bout of depression.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...