Saturday 25 August 2018

New Pages (August 17, 2018)


Dear Diary;

I've found it
Perfect place
Bully-free
And other nice things.

Where freedom
Isn't a word
Inside dictionary.

Curiosity
Encouraged
And nurtured.

Real place
Dream and explore
Soul’s desire.

Step aside
If only
For brief moments
Life's hardships.

Knowing
Within these walls
Sanctuary exist
Without being told.

Awe-filling empowerment
Small rural child
Awakening self-knowledge
And understanding.

Young fingers
Reverently touch
Shelved library books.

Therisa © 2018

Author’s note: It took 2 days of off and on searching to find the correct spelling of Moxy Fruvous, to find this video that I remembered listening to on CBC Radio, while at university.

1 comment:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I was a child who loved the public library, long before I thought of becoming a librarian – so naturally I love this poem. From an adult perspective, I'm glad we both had such good experiences of libraries when young.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...