Thursday 2 August 2018

Curse of Inspiration (July 22, 2018)

Don't know
Where the words come.

They emerged
Like an avalanche
In my mind.

Nor
How to control
Or stop their flow
To the point
My mind rests.

Often awoke
By this strong need
To write these words
In ink or electronically.

Darn it
Three am
Isn't a sane time
To be awake
For anyone.

Never mind
Someone
Who has sleep issues
Already.

Sigh.

Fighting a losing cause
To regain
What I've never had
A tranquil mind.

Hoping
Whomever is holy
Will bless me
With a single night
Of restful uninterrupted
Sleep.

Alas
I know
Am asking
Too much.

Therisa © 2018

Author’s note: For some of us, sleep is a precious resource that we lack, whether, it’s due to sleep apnea, depression, trauma (PTSD flashbacks), insomnia, or other causes. Since August 2007, I have struggled with sleep, when my mental walls came crashing down during an extreme panic attack that lasted for 26 hours. Have found that some of my best poetry is written during this time of night, or day, if you preferred


No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...