Wednesday 8 August 2018

August Heartbreak (August 6, 2018)

Silent tears stream
Down my face
Past injustices and traumas
Haunting.

Virtual loop
Reinforce each memory
Played.

Feeling small
And helpless.

Releasing one triggers
After another.

Brain shutdown
Retreating inwards
Welcoming unconsciousness.

Awaken
Leaden body
If ran ultra marathon.

Arms trembling
Summertime leaves
In strong wind.

Tightly grip pillow
Anchoring
“Here and now”.

Emotional maelstrom
Crossing spectrum
From rage to sadness.

Want sleep
Everything drained
Existence
Bare minimum.

Life-on hold
Two more days
Full reboot.

Why now
Don't know.

Therisa © 2018

Author’s note: The Civil Holiday long weekend (first Monday in August), is over and I found myself, struggling with flashbacks, depression and anxiety. This is my way of dealing with it.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...