Monday 23 July 2018

Beyond The Edge of Understanding (July 22, 2018)

See the words
Staring before me
On the printed page.


And yet
Don't understand them
Like someone wrote
In a foreign language
Instead of English.


Want to scream
In abject frustration
Lack of comprehension.


Cursing my inheritance
My parents’ genes
That blessed me
With this gift.


Mind wanders
As the anger grows
Berating myself.


Bleeping moron.


Knowing
Having read and understood
More challenging literature.


Can hear
The accusations
Already.


Lazy
Slacker
Doesn't apply themself
Needs to do more.


Is it
My fault
I have troubles
Focusing on the task
At hand?


A tear or two
Escape my eyes
As I walk away.


Silently
Swearing
At my learning disabilities.


Therisa © 2018

Author’s note: Early 1984, I was officially identified, as having multiple learning disabilities. Prior to this, I had teachers stopping of calling me, stupid. Although, I did have one teacher call me, lazy on the report card and failed, because of my learning disabilities, in grade 1.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...