Friday 11 March 2016

Taking The High Road (March 6, 2016)

Excuse me
Do you feel threaten
By my very existence?

In which
I challenge
Your perception
To the core
Of your soul?

As
You find yourself
Wanting
In all areas.

Hence
Your negative response
To my poetry.

Please
Come back.

After
You've grown up
And educated
Yourself.

Maybe
We can talk.

Until then
Good-bye.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: This is, my response to, an ignorance comment, about my mental health, in calling, my poem, "The Good-bye", sign of a disturbed mind. I had thought of responding back, with a sarcastic comment, but this person wouldn't understand, what I was saying, to them, thus, simply deleted their comment.

Feeling, momentarily depressed, doesn't mean, I am suicidal or even thinking of attempting it. Over the years, I have found that some of my more emotional poetry is written, during down periods, like this. I wonder, what this person would say, about Vincent Van Gogh, or Fyodor Dostoyevsky, who both suffered from mental illness, but considered masters, of their chosen art form.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...