Wednesday 23 January 2019

Scatterbrain (January 17, 2019)

It's 2:28 am
Another night
Of broken sleep.


Chaotic negative thoughts
Running everywhere
No clear direction
Or any sign of ending.


Questioning everything
To breakdown
These negative thought
Reinforced loops
Holding me captive.


Running raggety
As signs of cold/flu
Mounting new offensive
Over my abused body.


Tissue boxes decimated
With alarming ease
By my bedside.


Wondering
How many trees
Been sacrificed
For this.


Paper waste grows
Into plastic containers
And finite space
Is overflowing.


Each nasal explosion
Venus and Squeak hide
Into parts unknown.


And yet
Perfectly allowable
Sneezing cat germs
All over me.


Traitors!


Talk about
Double standard.


As I count
Number of days
Til winter’s end.


Therisa © 2019

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...