Thursday 3 January 2019

Breaking The Silence (January 3, 2019)

“You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one.”


John Lennon, Imagine (1971)


Inside my mind
These words flow
In sadness.


As hate
And intolerance grows
With every passing moment
I breathe.


Where being different
Is a curse
Punishable by physical attacks
And slurs.


Where truth
Has become a
Weaponized lie.


Knowing no boundaries
Spreading its message
To an eagerly awaiting
Hateful audience.


Never mind
You're the minority
By thinking this way
To others.


You can't silence
My righteous voice
Any more.


Therisa © 2019


Author’s note: Earlier today, I found this article, in my Google News, how American hate
based politics of the alt-right, is becoming Canada's new norm.

1 comment:

Mary said...

We have to keep speaking with 'righteous voices.' We cannot let hatred surpass love. There should be enough of us to do this!

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...