Thursday 3 January 2019

Restoring A Ruined Canvas (December 28, 2018)

Never thought
My personal experiences
Would mean something
To others.

That I have any value
Beyond being a kid
From a functional
Dysfunctional family.

Not realizing
The violence and abuse
Of my earlier life
Was abnormal
Until years later.

As a result
Of these dark experiences
I saw myself
Nothing more than
Disposable garbage.

Tossed to the curbside
When my usefulness
Was over.

Oh I knew
My parents
Didn't understand me.

To them
I'm a Rubik's Cube
All jumbled up.

Unable to figure out
Without cheating
In taking me apart.

Especially
My late teens
As my musical tastes
Grew darker and colder.

Reflecting the darkness
Of my soulscape
With nightly suicide attempts

Something
I haven't done
Since.

Still
I must fight
For self-validation.

In a world
That rejects people
Like myself.

On general principles
As a lost cause.

Therisa © 2018

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...