Thursday 3 January 2019

No Saltshaker Needed, We're Vegans (January 1, 2019)

Quick internet search
For vegan recipes
To cook.

So disappointed
Extreme sodium levels
Awaiting heart disease occurrence
No thanks.

No health benefits
In changing diet
I will never see
Health advantage.

We're told
Need to reduce
Sodium intake.

Avoiding restaurant meals
Like the plague
Not that I eat
At McDonald's.

But still
Process food industry
Is ever so slowly
Killing us.

Protesting against reforms
Lowering sodium levels
In foods.

Therisa © 2019

Author’s note: During an internet search for vegan recipes for my new Instant Pot cooker, I found many of them that included nutritional breakdown, had extremely high levels of sodium with 50% or higher, for daily suggested intake. Personally, I refuse to use these recipes, until I can figure out, how to reduce the sodium levels to more acceptable levels.

Sigh.

This poem is in a new form invented by a person, who is close to me and wishes to remain private. She calls the form 'arch', in which the 4th stanza is – as she says – 'much like the keystone is for an arch, holding both sides together'.

The poem is 7 stanzas long, with 69 words. Stanzas break down as follows:

1st stanza: 3 words/3 words/2 words
2nd stanza: 2 words/3 words/4 words/2 words
3rd stanza: 3 words/3 words/4 words/2 words
4th stanza: 2 words/3 words/2 words
5th stanza: 3 words/3 words/4 words/2 words
6th stanza: 2 words/3 words/4 words/2 words

7th stanza:: 3 words/3 words/2 words

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...