Wednesday 3 August 2016

Prayer For Strength (August 3, 2016)

Goddess
I ask You
Most humbly
To grant me
The necessary power.

In dealing with
This darkness
That stains
My soul.

To resist
The temptation
Of accepting
Death's offer
For the last dance
Together.

To bring forth
My soul
Back
Into the light
Once more.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: For as long as, I can remember, I have never felt comfortable, inside of a Christian church, like I was trespassing. In one particular church, in southern Ontario, I felt like, I was walking over graves. Not sure, if this is, the by-product of my hyper-sensitivity to others, my heighten empathetic nature, or, the previous experiences, I have lived, in past lives. Please understand, I have nothing against those, who follow Jesus's teaching, but some have used their spiritual believes, to attack and condemn me, to Hell. Trust me, I have spent time, in Hell, and its not a place, I would wish on anyone.

2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Your prayer just might be its own answer, Therisa. By asking, it shows what it needs and is striving for......a chance to turn towards the light, away from the pain of the past. Like a heavy-laden sunflower.........

Therisa's World said...

Not sure, Sherry, but I have a long way to travel still, before I feel comfort, to say, I have, truly, left this darkness, behind me. At least, I have taken the first step forward, in this journey, of mine.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...