Saturday 20 August 2016

The Road To Hell..... (August 15, 2016)

I know 
You thought
Your actions were
In the best interest
For me.

Never realizing
The damage
You're doing.

With your lies
To both
Of us.

And yet
When I confront you
With your actions.

You react like
I am attacking you
Physically
With my words.

Knowing
How I will react
To your tears
Blaming myself
For hurting you.

By sugarcoating
Traumatic events
That happened
Around us.

As if
I'm a delicate flower
That'll disintegrated 
At the slightest pressure.

Do you realize
How much
I want to scream
At you:

"STOP 
TREATING ME
LIKE THIS!"

But
Do not.

Knowing
You'll never understand
My reasons.

And you wonder
Why I don't come
To you
With my troubles.

Unless
It's the last resort
Available 
Mom.

Having experienced
Several decades
Of your smothering love.

Treating me
Like a 4 year old child
Who had her mouth
Blown
Wide open
From electrical burns.

Well
That little girl is
All grown up
And has left home
Permanently
Mom.

Therisa © 2016


No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...