Thursday 14 July 2016

A Day of Blessing (July 14, 2016)

Like a bolt
Of lightening
Out of the blue.

It happened
To me.

Never expecting
To find support
Like I did
Today.

But
Given the darkness
I have been travelling
For the past month.

I accept this
As a blessing
From the Goddess
Herself.

Gracing me
With light
At a dark moment.

Someone
Who I know
Casually
From the local library.

Mistakenly 
He thought
I was Intersex.

Instead of
A transsexual
(Male to Female),.

Although
We do face
Many similar battles
In our struggles
For acceptance.

Think
My gentle explaining
That Intersex used
To be known 
As Hematite 
Helped out.

As we parted
He shook my hand
And told me:

"Never let them
Stop you
In your dream".

As I thanked him
Before parting
Our ways.

A huge reversal
Of what normally
Happens
To a trans-person.

One
Am grateful for
Given the stressful day
It has been
For me.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: On July 13th, my apartment was sprayed for cockroaches, and I was forced to relocate the cats, for least 6 hours, in another part of my apartment building. Not to mention, all of the prep work that needed to done, to get my apartment ready, which could only happen, in the final hours, before the spraying was scheduled, to happened. Throughout all of this, the cats were real troopers, and helped to ease some of the stress, I was experiencing, from this departure of my normal routine.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...