Friday 8 July 2016

Musings of A Rose Coloured Glasses Wearer (July 8, 2016)

Find myself
Asking this question
Too often
Lately.

Have we
As a species
Lost our sanity?

Given 
The horrific events
Of the past week
Globally.

In letting 
Our hatred
And ignorance
Guide our actions
Against each other.

Something
I know
All too well
From personal experience
As a trans-lesbian.

In living 
A lifetime
Of attacks.

On a physical
Emotional
And psychological 
level.

For being 
Different.

Will we
Ever grow up
And realize.

Those things
That make us
Different.

Are 
Our strengths
As a species.

Thus
Be celebrated
And encouraged
To flourish.

Regardless
Of personal feelings.

Therisa © 2016

Author's note: As senseless acts of violence rocks, the Middle East and the United States, tears of sorrow are flowing, without end, down my face. Leaving me, to wonder, why bother, in my chronic fight, against depression and anxiety, as my sense of hopelessness, grows ever greater, on an hourly basis. As we kill each other, over ignorance and fear.

No comments:

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...