Saturday, 2 July 2016

Butterfly Dreams (June 22, 2012)

lifeafterdawn.com
Oh
How I long to be
Free of this mortal prison
Which I was born
Into.

Truly
Know the freedom
Which my soul
Craves.

Unshackled
From the limitations
That genetics
And society have
Imposed on people
Like myself.

Smiling
As I spread my wings
And fly around
In your loving embrace
Knowing
I am safe.

Free
Of the diseases
Which chokes society
With it's toxicity
And lethal nature.

As
The wind blows
Over my velvety
Wings.


Therisa © 2012






Author's note: Written, during a happier period of my life, four years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can feel the happiness, freedom and safety of this time. May it come again! Smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...