Monday 3 April 2017

Hair! Hair! (April 3, 2017)

A frustrated sigh
Escapes my lips.

Looking at
The reflected image
Of my hair
In the mirror.

Thinking
Women will/have
Spend a fortune
For wavy hair
Like mine.

Truthfully
I look at my hair
And cringe.

Regardless
Of my hair's length
It has
A mind of its own.

Have tried
The punk look
With the Mohawk
As a teenager.

Alternating
With various 
New Wave/Goth styles
As I finished up
High school.

Still shudder
At my failed experiment
Of getting a perm.

Rather
Shave my head
Like Sinead O'Connor 
When she exploded 
Onto the music scene.

Knowing
All of my scars
Will be exposed
That I hide
Under this mop.

Therisa © 2017

Author's note: Right now, my hair reaches, about the midway point of my shoulder blades, when straightened out. The last time, a pair of scissors was taken to it, was about 4  years ago, to cut out split and dead ends. Something, I need to do, again. 

Sigh. 

1 comment:

Maude Lynn said...

Mine hits the small of my back, and I totally get this!

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...