Sunday 9 April 2017

Cracking Of Eggshells (April 9, 2017)

The black ink
Lays on the page
Like dried blood
Before me.

Clotting up
A long opened wound
Hemorrhaging 
From long suppressed
Memories.

Within my soul
A consuming fire burn
So bright
Promising
To devour me
With an angry rage.

Tears 
Unleashed
Like a tsunami
Threatening
To drown my soul.

The sluice gates
Open up
Wide
From the levee.

Blowing across
My soulscape
Winds of self-condemnation
Telling me
I'm a FAILURE.

A so tired
Of this constant struggle
Just want to rest
And let the pain go.

Sigh.

Therisa © 2017

Author's note: Been having a very rough period, for the past 3 days, with very negative emotions and very low self-worth, as I have been isolating myself, from the world, real time and cyber-wise. I know, isolating myself, is wrong, but I don't feel strong enough, to walk, outside of my apartment, right now.

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

First, I VERY much like the new look of your blog. Very pleasing.

Second, I know how exhausting the struggle can be, kiddo. It is okay to take time to rest, to withdraw, to be gentle with yourself. You are so far from being a failure. You have survived your history, and you write poems that will help lead others out of their own painful forests of despair.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...