Sunday 2 April 2017

Coming Full Circle (April 2, 2017)


Star's big soulful eyes
Penetrating deep
Into my soul.

Reaching
Into the farthest corner
With a single glance.

As if
Weighing my soul
Like Ma'at does
With Her feather
Come Judgment Day.

She lays
Upon my lap
Resting
Contently.

Her loud deep purr
Resonates
Throughout 
My entire body.

Like a tuning fork
Being struck
Hard.

Therisa © 2017

Author's note: For the past month, or so, Star has discovered the joys of resting upon my lap, as I use my laptop, to cruise the Internet. Prior to this, she would rest upon my lap, after a bath, ahs I sat, on the edge of the tub, gently petting her, until I had to move. A far cry, from November 2011, when I had to lay a trail of kibble, to get Star, out from underneath the toilet cistern, as she was shaking with fear, on her first night, with Squeak, Venus and I. 

5 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

An amazing look deep into the eyes of another creature.

brudberg said...

What a wonderful progress... pets are wonderful once you are accepted.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

You give me hope! After a little over a year, my Selene now cuddles up to me in bed and purrs very faintly.

Star is a lovely name for a cat, and she's a lovely cat. (And how appropriate to mention an Egyptian deity.)

I love this poem.

Jim said...

Cats have a mind of their own. I am glad that Star decided to join the world of domestic cats, purring their songs.
..

Susie Clevenger said...

Just when you think you have figured out a cat, well you haven't. I have two inside and two outside. It is tough to woo them, but what joy when they choose to warm your lap.

Featured post

Chance Encounter (March 13, 2017)

July 21, 2006. A date Forever etched Into my memory. As if Done by A laser. By mistake And pure chance. I enter...